- Are you aged 14 or over?
- This course is open to all who apply - ‘in work or not’, ‘in education or not’ from 14 years of age and up to applicants who have retired
- Interested in a career in the sport and leisure industry?
- Need an appropriate qualification to get started?
The next course starts on Tuesday 17 April 2018 until Tuesday 26 June 2018. Join our 11 week training programme on Tuesdays 10am-4pm at Rochdale Leisure Centre, Entwisle Road, Rochdale, OL16 2HZ.
Contact us to arrange an informal drop in induction at Number One Riverside (in Rochdale Town Centre opposite Metrolink station) to go through the course and its content in advance of starting on Tuesday 17 April 2018. Advised application date is by Friday 6 April 2018, however you can enquire to join right up to Friday 13 April 2018.
It is at this session that you will find out what the whole programme involves so you can decide if it is what you want to do.
Also available at Heywood Sports Village - join our 8 week training programme on Mondays 5.30pm-9pm, starting Monday 16 April 2018 for 8 weeks until Monday 18 June 2018. Venue: Heywood Sports Village, West Starkey Street, Heywood, OL10 4TW.
Contact us to arrange an informal drop in induction at Number One Riverside to go through the course and its content in advance of starting on Monday 16 April 2018. Advised application date is by 6 April 2018, however you can enquire to join right up to the 13 April 2018.
See PDF downloads for further details.
The programme includes specially selected courses appropriate for working in the sport and leisure industry:
- Level 1 Award in Principles of Coaching
- Level 2 Award in both Community and Sports Leadership
- Emergency First Aid
- Safeguarding and Protecting young people
- Coaching Disabled Performers
Valuable work experience with Link4Life and other appropriate organisations will be provided.
On completion of the CSLA training programme there will be ongoing work experience offered as an opportunity for you to enhance your CV and improve your job prospects in the sport & leisure industry.
Further training may also be available.
The hours and venues can be tailored to your individual needs and include:
- Swim Teaching
- Exercise to Music
- Gym Instructing
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Fitness Instructor Certificate
- National Governing Body Coaching Awards Levels 1 & 2 in specific sports
Link4Life Training Academy
PO Box 428
Number One Riverside