- Are you aged 16 or over?
- Unemployed and NOT in full time education or training.
- Interested in a career in the sport and leisure industry?
- Need an appropriate qualification to get started?
Are you an advisor/mentor in contact with clients from the following backgrounds?
- Not in employment, education or training
- Ex Armed Forces
- Cared for children
- Customers with probation or criminal records
- Customers with disability or mental health issues
- Long term DWP (ESA, JSA, UC or IS)
- Recovery groups
If the answer is YES, and they are interested in sport, then please consider nominating them for our next Skills4Sport pre-employment programme when available.
The next course starts on Tuesday 16 January 2018 until Tuesday 13 March 2018 at Rochdale Leisure Centre - every Tuesday from 10am-4pm for 9 weeks.
Contact us to arrange an informal drop in induction at Number One Riverside (in Rochdale Town Centre opposite Metrolink station) to go through the course and its content in advance of starting on 16 January. People should try to apply by 5 January, however you can enquire to join right up to the 15 January 2018.
It is at this session that you will find out what the whole programme involves so you can decide if it is what you want to do.
Also available at Heywood Sports Village - join our 8 week training programme Tuesdays 5.30pm-9pm starting Tuesday 16 January 2018 until Tuesday 6 March 2018. Venue: Heywood Sports Village, West Starkey Street, Heywood, OL10 4TW
See PDF downloads for further details.
The programme includes specially selected courses appropriate for working in the sport and leisure industry:
- Level 1 Award in Principles of Coaching
- Level 2 Award in both Community and Sports Leadership
- Emergency First Aid
- Safeguarding and Protecting young people
- Coaching Disabled Performers
Valuable work experience with Link4Life and other appropriate organisations will be provided.
On completion of the CSLA training programme there will be ongoing work experience offered as an opportunity for you to enhance your CV and improve your job prospects in the sport & leisure industry.
Further training may also be available.
The hours and venues can be tailored to your individual needs and include:
- Swim Teaching
- Exercise to Music
- Gym Instructing
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Fitness Instructor Certificate
- National Governing Body Coaching Awards Levels 1 & 2 in specific sports
Link4Life Training Academy
PO Box 428
Number One Riverside