Nominate your local sporting and culture heroes
It’s that time of the year again where the borough of Rochdale is getting ready to recognise and celebrate its own local sporting and culture heroes!
If you know a ‘Person’, ‘Club’ or ‘Organisation’ that has made a difference through sport and culture in your neighbourhood or community, then make sure you nominate them for the Rochdale Borough Sports and Culture Awards 2016-17.
Our Awards are the first in Greater Manchester to celebrate both sport and culture and we are inviting innovative and forward thinking partners to help us to launch and deliver the 2017 awards by sponsoring one or more categories.
If creativity, motivation and determination to succeed are attributes valued by your company, then sport and culture could be the perfect sponsorship opportunity for your brand!
The Sports Award categories for nomination are:
- Sports Achiever of the Year - awarded to a sports person competing at a high level with exemplary dedication and contributing to the wider sporting community.
- Unsung Hero - awarded to a volunteer who demonstrates dedication and makes a positive impact on their community, club and participants.
- Changing Lifestyles - awarded to an individual who has managed health conditions and limiting problems through becoming more active and has inspired others to do the same.
- Volunteer of the Year - awarded to a volunteer who demonstrates commitment to their role, goes the extra mile and benefits the wider community.
- Coach of the Year - awarded to an individual who improves individual and team success, supports and develops other coaches and makes a positive contribution to the wider community.
- Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year - awarded to an individual competing at a local, regional or national level who has improved or achieved in the last 12 months, is dedicated to training and inspires other in the community.
- Club of the Year - awarded to a successful club which is committed to work with schools, the local community, being fully inclusive and supporting volunteers.
- School Commitment to PE and Sport Award - demonstrating how Physical Education and Sport has had a positive impact across the whole school.
The Culture Award Categories for nomination are:
- Cultural Event of the Year - awarded to a public production, exhibition or cultural event that demonstrates high artistic ambition and quality.
- Artist of the Year - awarded to an artist/performer who demonstrates high artistic quality.
- Community and Education Project Award - awarded to a community, participatory or education project e.g. choir, dance, theatre, visual arts or heritage group.
- Facilitator of the Year - awarded to a cultural facilitator or volunteer who leads inclusive community, participatory or education projects in the Borough.
- Culture and Health Award - awarded to a cultural project, event or series of workshops which support people in the Borough to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Cultural Champion Award - awarded to an individual from the creative community, e.g. a volunteer, administrator or board member whose work makes a significant positive contribution to the cultural life of the Borough.
- Young Creative Award Awarded to an individual aged under 25 who demonstrates significant skills, talent and potential in their chosen cultural field e.g. visual arts, dance, theatre etc.
- School Commitment to Arts, Heritage & Culture Award - awarded to a school who demonstrate significant commitment to and celebration of the arts in the broadest sense.
Nominations should cover achievements during the period September 2016 to June 2017. The criteria is set on the quality of the nomination and not the number of nominations each individual gets. Individuals, clubs and organisation can nominate themselves. All you have to do is follow the link below and instructions on how to nominate. Nominations open on Friday 12 May 2017 with the closing date for ALL nominations is Sunday 11 June 2017.
Tell us why you feel your chosen person, club or organisation should be nominated!
Deadline: Sunday 11 June 2017 (max 200 words per question)
Rochdale Borough Sports & Culture Awards 2016/2017 will take place on Thursday 21 September 2017 at:
L.Cpl. Joel Halliwell VC Way