Link4Life is a Sports Leaders UK Approved Assessment Centre (AAC) which means we can deliver a number of different awards and qualifications.
Sports Leaders UK awards and qualification are open to everyone: they are practical, and there are no formal examinations to sit.
Sports Leader awards and qualifications equip people with the skills and motivation to create and run sporting activities in the community.
Link4Life currently offer the following courses, in partnership with Hopwood Hall College, within the Rochdale borough:
The Level 1 Award in Sports Volunteering provides the ideal starting point for learners aged 13 years and over who wish to develop their volunteering skills, whilst under the direct supervision of their Tutor/Assessor or other suitably qualified adult.
The syllabus is designed to develop generic volunteering skills that can be applied to a variety of sports and/or recreational situations as well as contributing to the personal development of the learner.
- Minimum Age: Age: 13+ (please note, there is no upper age limit for this qualification)
- Guided learning hours: 28 hours (including five hours of volunteering).
This qualification teaches generic leadership skills through the medium of sport. It enables successful candidates to independently lead small group of people in sport and recreational activities within community settings.
- Minimum age: 16
- Guided Learning hours: 42
- This qualification is a good foundation to progress onto the Level 3 Certificate in Higher Sports Leadership or a National Governing Body Award
- It is a nationally recognised qualification which complements the delivery of other programmes of study, such as 'A' level PE and BTEC in Sport and Recreation
- Provides training for young people, keeping them engaged, increasing their responsibility and developing their confidence and self esteem
The Level 2 Award in Dance Leadership provides the ideal starting point for learners who are aged 16 years and over and who wish to develop their dance leadership skills.
The course develops generic leadership skills that can be applied to a variety of dance situations, as well as contributing to the personal development of the learner. It is a practical qualification in which learners must demonstrate their ability to lead in simple dance activities.
- Minimum Age: 16+ (please note, there is no upper age limit for this qualification)
- Guided learning hours: 58 hours (including 10 hours demonstration of leadership).
Link4Life Training Academy
PO Box 428
Number One Riverside